don't postpone joy

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY

Rita, Schmita.
My mom just called to inform me that she's back from Paris...oooh laa laa...AND that if the Hurricane hits Galveston, as scheduled, they are fucking evacuating to my fucking address! Somebody please hit me in the side of the head with a frying pan.

Fuck. I had a busy day. Meetings, more meetings, home visits, then night job, which I was purposely late to---and the boss of the whole conglomeration was there (NICE) She was less than impressed (and rightly so) I was glad she showed up so that she could see what a fucking zoo that place is (of no fault of my own, thank goodness) then she tried to tell me that I need to be a key holder, since I am the boss...sounds fair, except the program is held in a church, two nights a week...and they want me to have a key to this humongous place, and have the alarm code. As soon as someone steals the tithe safe, I'm goin downtown. No thanks!

this sounds so choppy---I am in charge of a English as a Second language teaching site (big hairy deal, I get to be in charge of 6 teachers) this is a new site, and nobody knows who's coming or going. You couldn't give two shits, I know. I really don't give 2 shits either, except for the fact that I just got a fucking thousand dollar phone bill, thanks to the fiasco this summer (although an offer has been made to share expenses, I have yet to see a payment) I still have homeowners, and property taxes to worry about, too. Which would have been all OK, had I not lent that money out. So I find myself working my proverbial ass off, for no actual benefit. Hopefully, I'll be dug out of this by Christmastime...actually, I hope I'm out by Thanksgiving, because that's when my nephew is due to enter the world, and I'd like to have some loot (notice the pirate reference) to take to him!

I called the best and worst ex-boyfriend, today. The one who dumped me because he thought I'd gain weight, and make it back to 220. Anyway, today is his birthday. Just called to wish him a happy day. What a fucker. I'm glad he was a dick though...makes it all the easier to keep not wanting him (and that positive reinforcement isn't even why I called him)

If my fucking mom moves in here for 2 weeks, I'm gonna start crapping on the living room floor. She did say, however, that if they relocate here, they're gonna need cable. THAT would be a good thing.

I made this post brown. Everything I talked about is shitty, I know.

Except for this: My little boss gave me a great compliment today, in front of the big boss. It was nice that he noticed the good job I've been doing. For that matter, he's great like that. Last week he put a note in my mailbox saying how how impressed he is with me. He loves the passion and caring interest that I impart to my students and their families...and that he knows this to be true, not only because he sees it, but because they tell him.

There's always good with shitty.

Feetman78, today I pick Julie. No Rita, PLEASE!!!
Oh, by the way...just to prove how spontaneous I can be...I stopped in at Foley's and picked up a new little outfit...I didn't have time to shop for shoes, but I do have some cute ones that go.(which isn't to say that I won't go out another time and make that purchase)
I know. I know. I was irresponsible, not spontaneous. No dinero, does not mean new outfit.
So sue me.

And while you're at it, please hop on one foot and chant like an Indian...NO RITA!!! (marga-ritas are allowed, however)

6 Comments:

At 20 September, 2005 22:18, Blogger Unknown said...

damn..and I thought my shit was in the toilet..you got me beat by a mile girlfriend..come stay w/me and leave mama there...we can go to Hell-A, take in some shows, get drunk and leer at cute young men, it will be a blast..I have no money either..but LOTS AND LOTS OF CREDIT CARDS :):) or we could go to the coast and lay around on the beach drinking margaritas by day, captain morgan by night..and still leer and lust after the young guys..

let me know :)

 
At 21 September, 2005 08:17, Blogger daisyduke said...

Today is already better.
Thanks girls!
Dusty, you have no idea how close I am to just hopping on a plane. There is a strong possibility, however, that I would not come home. Mel, you don't even have to lug that machine around with you...I'm sure we could scare up our own secret potion. That, or we'll just fall in with the right crowd, and siphon! How fun would THAT be???????????
OMG
It makes me smile just thinking of the possibilities!
Happy hump day~

 
At 21 September, 2005 17:23, Blogger Unknown said...

I got a place that you can sit in the bar with a window that opens up to the ocean..there is no glass so you can hear and smell the ocean..most of the year you can see the sunset..I know ALL the bartenders and bartendress'..and they make some kick ass marg's..when you girls meeting me in San Diego..or rather..Ocean Beach CA. :)

 
At 21 September, 2005 18:52, Blogger Eddie said...

That ex sounds like a complete moron! You deserve way better.

 
At 22 September, 2005 19:36, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Chant like an Indian ... is that similar to Walk Like An Egyptian?

 
At 22 September, 2005 20:40, Blogger daisyduke said...

too late...the requested rain dancing is too late. she already got here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home